Wedding Picture

Wedding Picture
Us

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Responsification of Scooters.

I won't even apologize for not blogging regularly. By now you should know I procrastinate, and we have a life that consists of pilot training, work and school. Which keeps us pretty busy.

Yesterday at work I got a phone call that went a little something like this:

Me: "City Manager's Office, this is Megan."

Guy: "Yeah, I need to talk to Benson."

Me: "Ok, he is in a meeting at the moment,  maybe I can help you with your problem. What can I do for you."

Guy: "Well, there is a hound dog next door, and those people keep him chained up, and he howls all day long. I have called you people 3 times, and have not received any RESPONSIFICATION."

He was clearly distraught.

Me: "Ok, Sir. Let me put you on hold one minute."

I put him on hold, so that I can laugh, write down this new word, and ask Eric (My boss) How to provide "Responsification." to this man.

I take him off hold

Me: "Ok Sir, let me get your address, and I will let animal control know, and see if they can help you out."

We hang up, and I am in disbelief that even happened......

.......Which brings me to my Responsification of Scooters.

Since we have lived in Enid, we have only heard rumors of this magical place.

Last night, after almost 2 years of living here, we went to Scooters, or Scoots, or whitetrashville, whatever you would like to call it, to do a bit of people watching.

And dear Lord.

People watching is what you get. We saw the very best of Enid, and beyond. All centralized in one, 2,000 square foot tin building that is hazy because of all the smoke. (Oklahoma clearly has not joined in the Smoke- Free businesses ordinances that others have.) The dancing and the odd couples. Oh, the odd couples.

We made a promise to each other we would never go back. By the time we left, our eyes, throats and skin were burning because of all of the smoke, and now our car still smells like Scoots.

We immediately came home, showered, and washed all of our clothes.

I, again,  couldn't believe that happened.

Ugh.

And that concludes my Responsificaton of Scooters.

Today, we are going to have a nice Valentines dinner at the Melting Pot in Oklahoma City, watch a movie, and do a bit of shopping. Which sounds MUCH better than what we experienced last night. :)

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Megan and Dallas

1 comment: