Wedding Picture

Wedding Picture
Us

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Here We Go....

So, where did we leave off before nursing school started consuming my life?

Oh yes, the movie!

Well, after I blogged some 3 months ago, I got an email almost immediately. I got a call back for the next day as a secret service agent! No pics from this day, but basically, I sat around for 8 hours, and then went to the outdoor set for an hour. And then went home.

The next day I got called to be a tourist. 

Outside of the "White House"

The N. Korean Motorcade

Inside of the gate- complete with fountain and lawn security. 
The rest of the White House will be CGI'd in later.


The next 8 hours, I spent running from explosions, both real and fake.
My first Hollywood Explosion!

I may or may not have gotten hurt....


But don't worry...I wasn't on the bus.

All in all, a really great experience! The set was so impressive! Besides the heat, I got to meet Gerard Butler (Not so nice to anyone...), Aaron Ekhart, Robert Forster, and Rick Yune. I got paid a little, too!

Look for me in theaters June 2014. :)
"Olympus Has Fallen"

After filming, I really took it easy for the last 2 weeks of summer.

We have had a little fun since school started though. We went down to southern Louisiana, to Pierre Part. Since we moved to Louisiana I have been a pretty big fan of the television show "Swamp People" and my favorite is Troy Landry.

So we went down to see Troy Landry bring in some gators since its Gator Season, and to meet the King of the Swamp!

The camera crew boat.

Troy's Boat- complete with gator blood!

Troy's Choot Em' Truck!

13 foot gator head!

The Wright's with The King!

Troy's catch of the day!

Annette with Troy and his nephew, Holden Landry.

Me with Troy's 11 foot catch!

On the swamp!

Dallas driving the fan boat!

Dallas caught a gator with his bare hands!

And then I held it!
(Disregard the awkward arm...I was scared)
A friend of the family took us to his "Camp." 

The end of a very long day on the swamp. It was beautiful and peaceful.

Whew.

Our last adventure was my birthday celebration to Aggieland to watch the Aggies Beat the Hell Outta Arkansas!

And Beat the Hell Outta them, they did!

It was a sweet redemption from last year, and Dallas' Dad was there to watch it. I, like a nice daughter- in-law, did not make him do any Aggie yells. :) I also have no pictures because of the rain. But we had the best time, and I felt like I was home again.

I can't believe I am already midterm through my first semester of clinicals. It has been so amazing, and so fulfilling. I think my clinical instructors are straight from heaven. I could not have asked for more experienced and educated nurses and mentors to teach me to care for other people. It's the most difficult and rewarding experience I have had, and I have been making some great friends that I know I will have forever. I finally feel like I am where I am supposed to be where my career is concerned. There is no doubt though, its going to be a tough few semesters!

Dallas is going TDY for a bit, and then we will be traveling to Houston for my Cousin's wedding, and coincidentally, the International Quilt Market is that weekend!!! 

I sense no one else is as excited as I, though. I know Dallas is less than thrilled. :)

Speaking of Dallas....he has just been living the dream. Flyin' planes, working out and playing golf. He is now officially Captain Select, and will be pinning on next year! So proud of my man!

That's all for now....


Megan and Dallas








No comments:

Post a Comment