Wedding Picture

Wedding Picture
Us

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday jibber-jab.

Let me first start this post off by saying my boss is very generous with giving me "comp time" (AKA he asks me if I have important "errands" to run for him, which usually entails dropping a single letter off at the Post Office, and going home.) as he likes to call it. He is also very good at taking his own "comp time" and high-tailing it out of the office without anyone noticing.

Normally, I can pretty much count on getting out early on Fridays due to my boss' generosity.

Today, as it was nearing 3 O'Clock, I knew he was about to leave for the weekend, and ask me to run those "errands" I love so much.

But I drank about 3 bottles of water, and needed to go to the restroom really bad. I TRIED so hard to hold it until he left, and gave me the go-ahead, but I just couldn't wait. I went to the restroom, and literally RAN to get back to my desk to look like I was working ever so diligently on a Friday afternoon.

I get back to my desk, and BOOM.

He's Gone.

That sly bastard. ( I use the term "bastard" loosely, as I really REALLY love my boss!)

Sigh.

So now, since I was not properly asked to run those errands, and I really can't assume he would have asked me, I will sit here.

At my desk, in the empty building.

My only saving grace is that me and the hubs have a nice, long 3 day weekend!

We plan on going to Stillwater, Oklahoma, home of Oklahoma State University with a group of friends to try the very popular: "Eskimo Joes." If you ask ANYONE in Oklahoma, they will tell you its legendary, and you just HAVE TO TRY THOSE CHEESE FRIES!

Seriously, about 20 unsolicited suggestions on what to get when we go this weekend were the cheese fries.

So, I will get the cheese fries. And taste the rumored magic they put in to these things.

Also on the menu for the weekend is cleaning out the guest bedroom so Dallas can get his Drum Set setup! I am for it now, but I am sure when it actually happens, and he starts playing his drums while I am watching the latest Jersey Shore espisode educational shows on discovery channel, I may be singing a different tune.

The good news? I wasted about 20 minutes of the 4 O'Clock hour in writing this post, and its time to go home in 10 minutes.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Megan and Dallas.

P.S. If you were wondering how Miss Stella is doing after her Spay, she is recovering at home, and is milking this for all she can. She is being hand-fed and has been held all day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Miss Stella is doing well! Enjoy those cheese fries and hopefully we will get to meet up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete